Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACW Prediction League

I wanted to make a prediction thread and thought we could assign points to it. I'll keep track of everyone's guesses here and we can see who gets the best scores each week and overall. If you want, you can explain your predictions and why someone will win the contest.

Rules
    You can't predict matches against staff managed characters since those are angled matches.
    You can predict your own match, but don't have to.
    You don't have to predict every match on the card if for some reason you don't want to.
    In the event of a competitor no-showing, those who guesses the winner will get the points.
    1 point will be awarded for a one on one matchup, 2 points for a triple threat match, 3 points for a fatal four way, and onwards.
    Don't put down characters/handlers when explaining your predictions.

ACW #8 Predictions
    Chris Kenway vs Kizzie Parks
    Andy Bantega vs AJ Winters
    Wes Futthais vs Kenna Spring

Prediction Leaderboard

tyrusmachoke - 5/11 - 45.5%
    ssWolf23 - 5/7 - 71%
    Zach - 7/9 - 77%
    Branson Younger - 2/3 - 66%
    Lazlo - 5/8 - 62.5%
    HPanda - 7/12 - 58%
    JesterHHJ - 2/5 - 40%
    Last edited by Zach; 04-26-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Branson Younger vs. Nick vs. AJ Winters
    Jackie Stang vs. Darius Luten vs. Tyler Hart
    Tyler Keenan vs. Chris Kenway
    Penelope vs. Will

Nick I think has just been the top man so far.
    Jackie is that wolf in sheep's clothing, he's probably going to win.
    After Keenan wasn't there, I'm playing it safe and voting Kenway.
    Will calls himself walking Perfection.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put my predictions here.

Penelope vs. Will

(If I don't think I can win, why would anyone else?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penelope vs. Will

These are my predictions. There are many like them but these ones are mine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, after some looking over and some small discussion, with the promo period now over, my predictions to follow everyone else’s.

Penelope versus Will Nielson – (Edit, I read Will and jumped to the other Will, stupidly. My mistake.) This will be Will’s first competitive bout. We’ve seen what Penelope can do. I think, if she turns the brother’s ill angle into a story, outside of just pop-up segments, and somehow, without just using as a motivation angle, and sets it in, she has a good amount to work with. On the other hand, Will is looking to set the stage for his prowess among the roster, however, seeing what Penelope is capable of, I’m a man of going with what’s natural.

Tyler Keenan versus Chris Kenway – I honestly believe both men have a hold on their characters. Tyler as of late hasn’t really shined yet, but has an attitude-ish, already made style character, kind of like Darius. I expect past losses so far to give him some motivation, but I think Chris takes it here. I, personally can’t rule out Keenan, before now I haven’t seen much of his work. But, Chris was a top guy in Passage, and has had some very close scores, himself. He’s also been wrapped up in some good segments, so I think that the potential for some good storytelling is there.

Darius Luten versus Tyler Hart versus Jackie Stang – This will be one match I’m gunning to watch VERY closely. These are some of the top guys on the roster. This one’s going to be really difficult for the judges and carries so much story, the potential for it to be a good deal of the show and very entertaining is through the roof. I’ll have to go with Jackie, here. This pick is really based on the old, “he knows his character” routine. All three are phenomenal. Darius is comfortable with his writing, Tyler can speak a ton of sustenance in very few words, which can be a feat. We’re going to a hell of a story told, here.

I don’t make predictions on my own matches. But, what I do know is, it’s going to be just as close as the last triple threat. I’m excited to see the victor and the storylines that spill into what’s to follow. With two men going against each other in a match that we can’t predict the stipulation of and more so, not only who’s going to be at the head of ACW as champion early on, but where the rest fall and what stories stem to go with them.
    Last edited by Branson Younger; 11-03-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penelope vs. Will

Just going off what ACW was back then. AJ was champ. Kenway was Passage contender. Trixie was Champ. Feel free to disprove me though guys.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Branson Younger vs. Nick Vs. AJ Winters
    Penelope vs. Will

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Branson Younger vs. Nick vs. AJ Winters (AJ won the Passages Sceptre and has beaten Nick in the first ACW generation, expect Nick vs AJ down the line)
    Jackie Stang vs. Darius Luten vs. Tyler Hart (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Darius pulls out a win.)
    Penelope vs. Will (Penelope has momentum so far and did very well with Trixie although this kind of character seems new to her but she's pretty good with it.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one vote for Branson, womp, womp, wooooomp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Branson Younger View Post
    Only one vote for Branson, womp, womp, wooooomp.
    Branson didn't look as good in green as AJ